Gordon + Drake, Architects was formed in February of 1958 when H.
Lamar Drake joined the practice of W. Stanly Gordon, AIA. In 1963,
Charles E. (Pat) Pattillo, III joined the practice. The firm was
known as Gordon, Drake & Pattillo, Architects from 1963 to 1969.
In 1969, after the resignation of Stan Gordon, the firm became Drake/Pattillo
& Associates, Architects. The firm incorporated in 1975 and
continued under the name Drake/Pattillo & Associates, Architects,
Inc. until December 31, 2005. On January 1, 2006, the firm changed
its name to R. Dean Scott, Architect, Inc.
Lamar Drake retired from the firm in 2005. He most recently served
as vice president and shareholder. Pat Pattillo retired from the
firm in 1994. R. Dean Scott, AIA assumed Pat Pattillos role
as vice president in 1994, became a shareholder in 1997 and president